Club News

Match report: Fisher 6-0 Stansted

Fisher FC 6 – 0 FC Stansted

For their third pre-season match Fisher FC welcomed FC Stansted, or the Airport Aarmy, to St Paul’s Stadium on a warm summer’s Saturday.

It was largely even stevens for the first half an hour. Fisher number 10, Rob Brown, went down in the box but the referee said: “Nothing doing.” FC Stansted had a couple of chances at the other end of the pitch – their number nine was inches away from heading it into the bottom corner, their other shot was met with cries of “How wide do you want the goal?”

Fisher made a breakthrough with a well-taken goal by Rob Brown, whose Mum performed the celebration of the day – a running jump from the stands down to the edge of the pitch to applaud her son’s exquisite goal.

A mere two minutes later and Fisher were two-nil up against their Essex rivals – the Stansted keeper fumbled a finesse shot by Sam Pekun. The defence could only watch it trickle into the back of the net.

The Fisher attack continued to play at the top of their game, Pekun skilling his way into the box only to be taken to the floor by the seemingly helpless Stansted defence. Richie Hamill sent the keeper the wrong way from the spot to give the Fish their third goal of the game on the stroke of halftime.

HT: Fisher FC 3 – 0 FC Stansted
Who could have asked for a better first half performance?

Stansted’s keeper spoke to the fans at halftime, remarking that Fisher were very organised and that there was good communication and strong ties between the players – something that his team were finding difficult to break through.

The opposition struggled to get back into the game after the break. Ten minutes into play and Sam Pekun got his second goal of the game – one on one with the keeper, he calmly buried it into the back of the net.

As the second half continued, Fisher kept knocking on the Stansted door but no-one opens up until Ben Hayes’ boot connected with the match ball after a strong run by Trey Small. The resulting shot was only going one place…over the goal line and his name and number on the score sheet.

At this point, Stansted were completely out of rhythm and out of luck with their chances, only managing two shots on target throughout the whole game. Inevitably this led to Fisher’s sixth and final goal of the game – Tim Moffat rising like a salmon and nodding the ball above the keeper’s reach to secure a decent, dominant and divine victory against the Airport army.

FT: Fisher FC 6 – 0 FC Stansted
‘You’ve been battered by the Fish.’

Best of luck for the season ahead, FC Stansted!

Keep up-to-date with all Fisher FC activities:..............................    

Leave a Reply