Fisher 0-3 Basildon United
Saturday 2 July 2022
Fisher opened their pre-season campaign by taking on Step Four side Basildon United at St Pauls.
The early chances fell to Fisher with one of the 8 trialists in the squad seeing his effort well saved and Manny Shoderu having back post effort well blocked. Former Welling Town forward trialling for the Fish, Eni Emgbaduba looked a handful upfront and a powerful run into the area saw strong claims for a penalty waved away.
At the other end former Fish Fred Agyemang looked set to score capitalising on an error at the back but saw his shot hit the outside of the post, but when given a second similar change he made n mistake, racing through to calmly convert.
Just before half time Fisher had a chance to equalise but Emgbaduba’s header was just over.
Basildon brought on a different side for the second half and the fresh legs paid off as they doubled their lead after a corner was not well dealt with the Fisher defence and a loose ball was rifled home. A third goal quickly came as a break down the right allowed the winger time to fire home.
Fisher battled back and forced several chances and had another good penalty shout denied with the offence deemed to be outside the area. And the resulting free kick wasted as the full time whistle went.
A slightly flattering scoreline for the visitors who took their chances whereas Fisher did not, but there is plenty of time and games for the Fish to work on that.
Keep up-to-date with all Fisher FC activities:
- Become a member - Own your own football club: http://www.fisherfc.org/membership/
- Donate to the 12th Man Fund: http://www.fisherfc.org/2018/01/11/your-club-needs-you-support-the-12th-man-fund/
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FisherFC
- Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FisherFC/
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fisher_fc/
- Like and Subscribe to the Fisher Film Crew channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5KeSSCkrbnFtvewui3Nmg
- SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FAN-OWNED FOOTBALL CLUB