Fisher 2-1 Woking XI
Tuesday 12 July 2022
Scorers: Tobi Irefin, Dennis Asante
Fisher continued to make good progress with their pre-season preparations, following up Saturday’s promising performance against step 3 side Brightlingsea with a 2-1 victory over a Woking XI consisting of their under 23 and academy scholars.
On a sultry evening Fisher still manged to play with good tempo and whilst the scores remained goalless in the first half the home side created the better chances with Darnell Bailey King chipping over when well placed and Manny Shoderu also spurning a chance at goal. The heat got to few as a bad challenge on Joseph Adewunmi led to tempers rising which referee Dan Wyatt expertly managed with a some words of wisdom and a few yellow cards to calm things down.
The second spell saw Woking take the lead, rather angst the run of play when space down their right allowed the winger a run on goal and his low centre was tapped home.
Despite a flurry of substitutions the game kept its pace and structure and Fisher looked the more attacking with Cedric Nganga pulling the strings in midfield. A fine solo goal from a former Chatham Town academy player on trial equalised and five minutes later Dennis Asante nipped on to get to the ball first after some defensive hesitation and neatly lob the ball home. It was lead Fisher did not look like surrendering as the players to their credit worked hard in the heat to seal an encouraging victory.
Keep up-to-date with all Fisher FC activities:
- Become a member - Own your own football club: http://www.fisherfc.org/membership/
- Donate to the 12th Man Fund: http://www.fisherfc.org/2018/01/11/your-club-needs-you-support-the-12th-man-fund/
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FisherFC
- Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FisherFC/
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fisher_fc/
- Like and Subscribe to the Fisher Film Crew channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5KeSSCkrbnFtvewui3Nmg
- SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FAN-OWNED FOOTBALL CLUB