Burnham Ramblers 2-1 Fisher
Saturday 16 July 2022
Scorer: Oseman Usifoh (2 mins)
On a hot afternoon Fisher headed out to the backwaters of Essex to take on Thurlow Nunn side Burnham Ramblers.
Fisher made an electric start and after wasting one good foray down the right, Manny Shoderu picked out Oseman Usifoh, who had signed just before the game after some impressive performances in recent games, and he calmly strolled into the area and stabbed the ball past the outcoming keeper to give Fisher a second minute lead.
Fisher were very much in the ascendency throughout the half – another Shoedru cross found Patrick Hoy at the back post but he couldn’t keep his effort down and it flew over.
On the stroke of half time Fisher were made to pay for not making the most of their constant pressure as a harmless long ball appeared to hit Sam Fitzgerald on the arm. Whilst the defender was certainly standing well outside his box it was unclear where his outstretched arm was when struck and it was adjudged by the officials to have been inside the area. The resulting penalty was duly dispatched to give the hosts a slightly unexpected equaliser.
The second half was scrappier as the heat took it’s toll on both the play and tempers with two heavy tackles on Fisher players seeing yellow cards. The Ramblers keeper saved well to deny Darnelle Bailey-King who having moved to the wing looked a constant threat and a trialist should have made more of a good chance saved low down, when the shot really should have been towards the other post.
Again Fisher were made to pay for not taking their chances as a series of changes in the last ten minutes changed the momentum and after Sam Amedu had saved superbly to block a certain looking goal, the resulting corner was smashed home at the far post to give the Ramblers the win.
A typical pre-season game saw a good performance with plenty of positives bar the scoreline.
Keep up-to-date with all Fisher FC activities:
- Become a member - Own your own football club: http://www.fisherfc.org/membership/
- Donate to the 12th Man Fund: http://www.fisherfc.org/2018/01/11/your-club-needs-you-support-the-12th-man-fund/
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FisherFC
- Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FisherFC/
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fisher_fc/
- Like and Subscribe to the Fisher Film Crew channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5KeSSCkrbnFtvewui3Nmg
- SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FAN-OWNED FOOTBALL CLUB