Forest Hill Park 1-1 Fisher (Fisher win 3-2 on penalties)
Tuesday 26th July 2022
7.00 pm Kick off
Pre Season Friendly/Eternal Memorial Cup
Scorer: Antony Connor (pens – Patrick Hoy, Trialist, Prince Imoru)
Fisher completed their pre-season programme with a trip to Greenwich University to meet SCEFL Division One side Forest Hill Park. A rather experimental side featuring several trialists was on show, but the match also featured the return after injury of Julio Da Mata and more minutes for Malaki Coker who is also returning from a long term injury.
Both sides were guilty of missing good scoring opportunities in the first half with Fisher’s best falling to Tobi Irefin who shot wide when squaring the ball may have been a better option and the hosts wasted a similar chance with the shot flying high and wide.
The second period saw Fisher create more chances but Dennis Asante failed to convert when put clear through on goal and the squandered a guilt edged chance when a ball dropped to him alone ten yards out but he failed to get sufficient purchase on his effort.
The introduction of Da Mata gave Fisher more forward momentum and he almost guided a diving header from an Antony Connor cross goal wards at the end of the best move of the match.
The deadlock was finally broken on 70 minutes when a ball down the touchline saw Manny Shoderu race clear with Forest Hill players appealing that the ball had gone out of play. Shoderu played to the whistle and squared for Antony Connor to convert at the back post, but amidst strong protests from the Forest Hill Park bench manager Ajay Ashanike sportingly agreed to allow the hosts to walk in an equaliser unopposed.
There was no further score but with the Eternal Memorial Cup, played for every time the two sides meet, a penalty shoot out was held with Justice Owusu in the Fisher goal saving three kicks to give Fisher a 3-2 win and retain the trophy.
Keep up-to-date with all Fisher FC activities:
- Become a member - Own your own football club: http://www.fisherfc.org/membership/
- Donate to the 12th Man Fund: http://www.fisherfc.org/2018/01/11/your-club-needs-you-support-the-12th-man-fund/
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FisherFC
- Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FisherFC/
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fisher_fc/
- Like and Subscribe to the Fisher Film Crew channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5KeSSCkrbnFtvewui3Nmg
- SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FAN-OWNED FOOTBALL CLUB