**LONDON NON LEAGUE DOGS DAY**
Fisher 1-1 Erith & Belvedere
Saturday 7 December 2019
SCEFL Premier Division
Chris Lockwood 90
Erith & Belvedere:
Jerome Wade 21
Inspired by the growing @nonleaguedogs community, London Non League Dogs Day brings together the paws-itive power of people who love dogs and grassroots football. Dogs (and their owners) are invited to share barks of encouragement as Fisher FC take on local rivals Erith & Belvedere on Saturday 7th December (Kick-Off 3pm). The match is sponsored by PAAW House, with The Agency Works sponsoring the match ball.
Set against the iconic backdrop of London’s Canary Wharf skyline, Fisher’s home ground (St Paul’s Stadium) is just a 15 minute walk from Canada Water station (Jubilee Line/London Overground), 10 minute walk from Rotherhithe station (London Overground), while 381 and C10 bus services stop right outside.
While dogs are barred from Premier League stadiums, teams that play at a level welcome them with open arms. In fact the Fisher players always shake paws with their four-legged fans Pie the frenchie and Lexi the therapy dog when they appear on the sidelines. The aforementioned @nonleaguedogs movement shares photos of pooches at games with 20,000 followers across Instagram and Twitter, and the team behind the account are coming to the game!
All the dogs will be invited to join the players for a special interspecies team photo after the game, as well as having the chance to win a bundle of goodies in a special raffle (tickets just £1), with prizes including:
- Goodies from Bermondsey’s famous Holly & Lil collar maker
- Two tickets for a dog-friendly screening at Greenwich Picture House
- Trendy bandanas from Jellie Dog
- Treats from Purina
Entry is just £8 adults/£5 concessions/free for under-16s; the St Paul’s Stadium has covered seating/terracing, a full bar/food stall inside, and accessible disabled facilities.
We are delighted to be supported by match sponsor PAAW House for the game. Co-founders Gabby Kuehn & Vinnie, who will be here today, give us the lowdown on this new club for pet owners:
PAAW (Pets Are Always Welcome) House is an online club for pets and their owners. I was inspired to create PAAW House after a public and lengthy court battle to keep our dog in our home, during this time we received amazing support from dog loving communities and animal charities all over the UK, hence the seeds for PAAW House were sown. Find out more at www.paaw.house
The Agency Works has also very kindly come in as match ball sponsor.
Marketing manager Siobhan Moll says: The Agency Works removes complexity, inefficiency and uncertainty from your business so that you can make more money by working smarter, not harder. Everything we do, from the implementation of Synergist, the UK’s leading job costing and project management software, to consultancy on finance, operations and projects, has the overall objective of saving you time and money. Find out more and get in touch at www.theagencyworks.co.uk
1.30: Gates open – visit the club shop (grab your dog a black and white striped football scarf!), grab a raffle ticket and check out the food/drink options at the bar. Treats from Burns Pet Food will be provided on the door.
3.00: The first half kicks off
3.45: Half time – raffle winner announced in the bar
4.00: The second half kicks off
4.45: Assemble for the interspecies team photo
£8 – Adults (£7 for members)
£5 – Seniors/Unwaged/Students/16-21 year olds (£4 for members)
FREE – under 16s – if accompanied by an adult, otherwise £1 (FREE for members)
Fisher Football Club
St Paul’s Sports Ground
London SE16 5EF
Sat Nav friendly postcode: SE16 6NT
Map and directions
Nearest train station: Rotherhithe (on the London Overground).
- Turn left out of the station and the stadium is roughly 10 minutes walk directly along Salter Rd.
Nearest tube station: Canada Water (on the Jubilee Line).
Out of the station (bus station exit) you can either:
- Turn right on Surrey Quays Rd, then right onto Lower Rd – passing the blue plaque building of Michael Caine’s birthplace! When you get to the Rotherhithe Tunnel roundabout take a right onto Brunel Rd which leads into Salter Rd past Rotherhithe station, walk along til you reach the ground (on the left).
- Turn left on Surrey Quays Rd, then left again onto Redriff Rd which leads into Salter Rd, carry on walking til you reach the ground (on the right).
Both options take around 20 minutes to walk.
There are two buses that take you to St Paul’s (you can catch them both from Canada Water bus station):
- C10 (single decker)
both drop you off by the ground in either direction (see route map below)
Bus routes map:
Nelson Dock Pier is 15 minutes walk away, served by River Bus 4 from Canary Wharf.
Keep up-to-date with all Fisher FC activities:..............................
- Become a member - Own your own football club: http://www.fisherfc.org/membership/
- Donate to the 12th Man Fund: http://www.fisherfc.org/2018/01/11/your-club-needs-you-support-the-12th-man-fund/
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FisherFC
- Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FisherFC/
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fisher_fc/
- SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FAN-OWNED FOOTBALL CLUB