SCEFL Premier Division

Punjab United 1 - 2 Fisher
Saturday 29 September 2018 - 15:00Elite Venue, Gravesend Kent

Punjab United 1-2 Fisher

Saturday 29 Sept 2018
SCEFL Premier Division

Fisher earned a well-deserved three points from their trip Kent on Saturday, with a 2-1 against Punjab United.

The Fish arrived in Gravesend looking to get back on form following a disappointing defeat to Lordswood on the 22nd, and things looked positive right from the off, with Punjab finding themselves under pressure within the first two minutes.

Despite early pressure the first real chance of the game came from the hosts after Fish goalkeeper Hossam Hassan conceded a penalty. A smart save to keep the scores level quickly made up for the foul, much to the delight of the ever vocal Fisher Faithful.

Going forward the Fish continued to create chances as the Punjab back line, including former Fish and Millwall defender Paul Lorraine, struggled to deal with the pace of Chandler Kasai, Mathieu Ramsamy and new boy Tunde Aderonmu.

Just before the half hour mark the Fish deservedly took the lead at the end of a well worked attack. Aderonmu battled his way in to box and did well to avoid a challenge from Lorraine before taking aim. The effort was saved but the loose ball fell straight to Kasai who tucked home at the near post to make it 1-0.

Punjab responded almost instantly and levelled the scores a minute later. With the Fish relaxed and the hosts in possession in midfield, Ryan Jarrett unleashed what looked like a rather ambitious and wasteful effort, but somehow he managed to find a narrow gap above Hassan and the ball glided below the cross bar in to the net.

Despite continuous pressure from the Fish and a number of efforts at goal the scores remained at 1-1 for the remainder of the first half.

Punjab had the advantage of attacking down slope for the second half and started well, enjoying a little more possession, but ultimately couldn’t cause any notable trouble for Dan Flemming, Mudiagha Wanogho and Pat Geddis who dominated that end of the pitch.

A rare appearance from Toyo Adeshina, coupled with an increasingly confident Harvey Brinkley down the right ensured pace in all areas for the Fish that Punjab simply couldn’t deal with. The Fish used this pace to regain the lead, after Mathieu Ramsamy burst through the Punjab back line before being bundled off the ball in the penalty area. The referee showed no hesitation in awarding his second penalty of the afternoon. Ritchie Hamill stepped up and calmly slotted his effort past the goal keeper to put the Fish 2-1 up with thirty minutes left on the clock.

Kasai was replaced by Trey Small a short while later and showed the class which earned him last season’s Young Player of the Season award, causing problems down the left wing, and twice released Adeshina who could easily have sealed the points on both occasions.

As it was a single goal lead was enough and with Punjab struggling to find a way through the referee brought the game to a close after four minutes of added time leaving the Fish to celebrate their first win over the Gravesend outfit, and another successful Saturday afternoon.

The win puts the Fish back in to the top half of the table on thirteen points. Next up, the Fish are in action on Saturday (6th October) when K Sports visit St Paul’s for a 3pm kick off in the Southern Counties East Premier Division.

The Fish are on the road on Wednesday October 10th when they visit Croydon FC.

Punjab United 1-2 Fisher
Saturday 29 September
SCEFL Premier Division

Ryan Jarrett 32

Chandelr Kasai 30
Ritchie Hamill 60(p)

Attn: 92


Keep up-to-date with all Fisher FC activities:..............................