SCEFL Premier Division

Erith & Belvedere 1 - 1 Fisher
Tuesday 2 November 2021 - 19:45Park View Road, Welling DA16 1SY

Erith & Belvedere 1-1 Fisher
Tuesday 2 Novemberber 2021
SCEFL Premier Divison

Fish goalscorers:
Harry Main 85

Attn: 138

Match Report and picture courtesy of  the Non-League Chronicles. Give their facebook page a like:

The first really cold winters night hit Park View Road last night as everyone reached for the big coats, hats and scarves. Cold pints were replaced by hot tea and bovril.
Fisher came into the game off the back of an impressive 3-0 win over Deal Town on Saturday and came out of the blocks quickly winning an early corner that Courtney Swaby sent over. The ball was headed away to the edge of the box where Sam Fitzgerald hooked the ball out of the ground almost hitting a bus from just outside the box!
The Deres opened the scoring in the 6th minute, poked home from close range by Freddie Cray who beat everyone to a low free kick from the left.
Fisher responded quickly and earned themselves a corner after a nice driving run from goal of the month winner Michael Sarpong but Butler got his head to the ball and cleared upfield. Shortly after Sarpong received a long chat from the ref for getting too excited making a tackle.
The Deres then won a corner after Fitzgerald defended well but Luke Thomas was on hand to get the ball away. At this stage both sides were fighting hard to gain the upper hand. The pitch was by no means a quagmire but the greasy surface was helping the ball carry with plenty of passes going astray.
Main and Thompson linked up well across the midfield as Thompson continually drove at the Deres back four. A Thompson shot saw home keeper  Rilwan Anibaba saves but in doing so he spilled the ball as Weemes sniffed a half chance. Anibaba managed to collect the ball before Weemes could tap it home with both players crashing into each other. The ref had seen enough and spoke to Anibaba and Weemes at length.
Erith’s Dasofunjo then got away from Thomas and cut in from the left. Luckily for Fisher his radar was just off as he shot just wide of Dan Carpanini’s left hand post.
Harry Main gots in front of his marker as the ball travelled towards him out of the air. As he tried to get away he took a kick to the side of the head but was able to continue after some treatment. Freddie Cray was given a yellow card to add to his early goal for the tackle.
Temi Oladejo hit the free kick from the right and aimed for Sam Fitzgerald at the far post. Fitzgerald nodded the ball back across the box where Swaby gotsa good shot off from 18 yards that found its way into the arms of Anibaba.
Shortly before half time it was Fitzgerald who had to hook the ball clear just missing the post while under pressure. A close call for Fisher as they end the half a goal down but competing well.
Early Deres pressure at the start of the second half resulted in a corner that was once again cleared away though Fisher gave away a free kick that was sent in by Teddy Green. Thompson cleared the inswinger for a corner. Barrett got his header from the corner on target but can only find the hands of Carpanini as Fihser soaked up some pressure.
Lee Weemes night came to an end as he made way for Malachi Coker. Coker moved wide right as Harry Main moved into the centre forward slot. Erith won themselves another free kick which Dasafunjo shaped up to hit it from 20 yards but crashed the ball well over.
Coker then won a corner for Fisher after getting the ball out of his feet and running at Green down the right. Isaac Thompson took the corner and the ball fell to Sarpong who shot wide. Igbineweka left the field after a busy but largely unproductive game alongside Sarpong in midfield. New signing From Canterbury City Enock Soganile came on to make his Fisher debut.
Sarpong then took a knock and needs lengthy treatment as the game was constantly disrupted niggly fouls as Erith managed the game well. The constant slowing of the game for free kicks every few minutes also helped facilitate this.
Sarpong made way for Hoy as Fisher looked to breathe new life into the midfield for the last ten minutes and wasted no time introducing himself to the Deres as he picked up a booking for a late tackle in the middle of the park.
Fisher finally equalised in the 85th minute. Harry Main smashing the ball home from inside the six yard box after Anibaba failed to hold a shot from outside the box from Soganile after Coker’s low cross had worked htis way through to him, giving the 42 away fans something to cheer about.
FIsher wnet for a winner and Courtney Swaby collected the ball down the left and immediately picks his head up with the aim of bringing someone in a black & white shirt into play. Swaby found Hoy who cracksed a shot off first time but Anibaba saved well.
With time almost up Erith pumped a long free kick into the box as they also went for a late winner. Once again Fitzgerald defended well and conceded a corner that Cray gots a head on  but couldn’t find the target with the last effort of the match leaving both sides with aa har earned point.
NLC MOM – Sam Fitzgerald (Fisher) If it moved he defended it!

Keep up-to-date with all Fisher FC activities: