Club News

Match Report: Fisher 1-2 Horsham YMCA

Fisher FC 1-2 Horsham YMCA
Saturday 11 August 2018
St Paul’s Stadium
FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round

Match report from The Non-League Chronicles, please support their facebook page

A bumper crowd of 157 were in attendance for yesterday’s FA Cup match. Crowds look to be on the increase at St. Paul’s and long may that continue.

Once again dean Harrison had to make changes to the back four due to player unavailability. Full back pat geddis came in at centre back and gave a good account of himself.

The welcome return of Sam Pekun at centre forward was a boost for both the Fisher players and fans alike.

The game got off to a lively start Sam Pekun hit the bar after weaving past a couple of Horsham players.

And Hossam Hassan had to be at his best to make a couple of first class saves. The tip over the bar with the ball heading in was particularly impressive.

Horsham are a big side and they knew how to use there size to good effect. The Horsham 6 was pulling the strings in midfield and on another day a couple of slide rule passes he made might have come off.

Half time 0-0

With nothing but a rizla paper between the two sides it was going to come down to sheer willpower.

When the first goal came it was down to the whole Fisher team who turned defence into attack with a flowing move from one end of the field to the other.

Young left back Jack Rogers with the assist to Sam Pekun who swept the ball home. 1-0
With his celebration Sam could well be in with a shout of the GB gymnastics team. A great acrobatic flip!!!

Horsham were now pressing for an equaliser and it was all hands to the pump as fisher looked to keep hold of the lead.

Sadly the Horsham equaliser coincided with a good spell of possession for them. They had been building a head of steam and deserved their goal, a scrappy goal but they all count. 1-1

Both sides are now going for a winner. The Fisher fans are wondering how to get to Horsham for the replay. (I was!!)

Chances came and went at both ends with both keepers busy.

In the 90th minute Horsham nicked the cup tie and the spot in the next round. The ball was fired across the six yard box and the tall Horsham sub tapped it into the net for a 1-2 lead.

Injury time saw the Horsham players have a world let’s play dead championship amongst themselves. Very professional lads.

Final whistle Fisher 1-2 Horsham YMCA FC.

Good luck in the next round Horsham.

Next up is the away league fixture at Crowborough. [Details here].


Keep up-to-date with all Fisher FC activities:..............................    

Leave a Reply