Club News

Match report: Fisher 4-1 K Sports

Fisher FC 4 – 1 K Sports

Words by SIMON THROSSELL (@throssfilms)

Four pieces of individual brilliance gave Fisher a 4-1 victory against
seventeenth-placed K Sports, giving Dean Harrison’s side their fifth win in the SCEFL Premier Division.

Mathieu Ramsamy opened the scoring with a shot passing through the legs of the keeper.

On the stroke of half time, Tunde Aderonmu headed the ball in off the bar to give the Fish a comfortable lead at the break.

Despite conceding a penalty in the 75th minute, goals from Chandler Kasai and Rob Brown gave Fisher a comfortable win and inspired chants of “You’ve been battered by the Fish” as the referee blew his whistle for full time.

The match started off with a few surprises – first, with less than a minute being played, the match ball was kicked over the fence. Five minutes later and Fisher were forced to make an early substitution after the number 6 hobbled off the pitch.

The Fish played a number of lovely balls into the box and it wasn’t long, fifteen minutes in fact, until Ramsamy calmly slotted through the open legs of the K Sports keeper to make it one nil to the home side.

Even though the cold autumn rain was falling down on the 79 fans in the St Paul’s stadium, the action on the pitch was very much heated. From one of the seven free kicks the away side gave away in the first half alone, Rob Brown came within inches of making it 2-0 with an almost perfect free kick that ricocheted off the upright.

The away side had something to shout about as well as half time approached. A scramble in the Fisher penalty area was deemed to have hit a Fisher arm by the K Sports players, bench and fans. But the referee and his officials waved away the appeals.

Another lovely ball was lifted into the eighteen yard box and Tunde Aderonmu was there to meet it in the air and knock it in off the bar to put the Fish two nil up at half-time.

A very well-worked counter attack gave Fisher their third goal of the game. Goalkeeper Wheeler quickly distributed the ball up the wing, after making a comfortable save from a K Sports free-kick. The ball continued to move quickly and precisely past the half way line, along the byline before being placed into the back of the net by Chandler Kasai.

Rob Brown rounded off the match with a well-taken finish past the outstretched arms of the keeper. As he wheeled away to celebrate with his team-mates, he gave a nod and a thumbs up to the very happy Fisher Faithful celebrating in the Dockers End.

The referee pointed straight to the penalty spot as bodies went down in the Fisher box in the 74th minute. Jason Perry stepped up to the plate and sent the keeper the wrong way. The away side’s number 1 turned round and shouted at the fans, “The comeback is on!”

Except it was not to be for the travelling team. Fisher held on through the rest of the 25 minutes of normal play and the 5 minutes of stoppage time. An absolutely brilliant performance overall – in the words of the famous chant, “you’ve been battered by the Fish”.

Next up is a trip to Croydon FC in the League on Wednesday, October 10.


Fisher 4-1 K Sports
Saturday 6 October 2018
SCEFL Premier Division

Mathieu Ramsamy 16
Tunde Aderonmu 45
Chandler Kasai 55
Rob Brown 64

K Sports:
Jason Perry 75

Attn: 79

Keep up-to-date with all Fisher FC activities:..............................