Club News

Match Report: Fisher 5-1 Bermondsey Town

Fisher 5-1 Bermondsey Town
Tuesday 15th November 2022
SCEFL Challenge Cup Second Round

Scorers:  Luke With (13 min), Lewis Duberry (pen 21 min), Henry Adeniran (60 min), Billy Brown (69 min), Nader Zeddini (89 min)
Attn: 153

Fisher cruised into the third round of the Southern Counties East League Challenge Cup with a comprehensive 5-1 win over First Division side Bermondsey Town.
It was an unfamiliar Fisher side that took to the pitch with debuts for Ted McDonald in goal, Atta Gyedu covering at right back and Monserrat international Lewis Duberry in midfield. There was also a first start of the season for assistant manager Luke With and a further debutant Henry Adeniran waiting on the bench to come on.
Despite the side barely knowing each other Fisher made a string start and within the first two minutes forced a series of six corners which cause the Bermondsey defence some difficulty in clearing.
A wet surface saw Fisher move the ball well and with Billy Brown floating in the number 10 role behind With, and Duberry and Bailey-King looking a threat on either wing Fisher looked very slick going forward. The opening goal duly arrived after thirteen minutes when Bailey King skipped past a couple o defenders and his shot form an acute angle was only parried by Radford in the Bermondsey goal allowing Luke With to slide in a poke home form tow yards out – a typical poacher’s goal for the veteran forward. A second arrived seven minutes later when some good play down the left saw thew ball slipped into the Bermondsey where Lewis Duberry was upended and the debutant got to his feet to calmly dispatch the resulting spot kick.
The two goal cushion put Fisher in control and only an offside flag stopped With adding to the tally after he broke through and lobbed the advancing keeper with aplomb.
The second spell continued in similar fashion with Fisher pushing forward. With gave way to Henry Adeniran on the hour mark and almost immediately his movement and running opened up Bermondsey with Duberry firing into the side netting just prior to providing a low cross for Adeniran to slot home with a cheeky back heeled flick.
A tiring Bermondsey back line allowed Fisher to slip the ball behind the fullbacks with Bailey-King and Brown both getting space to put over a series of dangerous balls and so it was no surprise when Fisher added a fourth with the ball falling to Billy Brown to slam home from just inside the area for his first goal since returning to the club from Tooting and Mitcham to the delight of the Dockers End once gain to bring out their song for the popular forward.
At four nil down Bermondsey then had their best spell of the match. They looked to have got a goal back when the ball ended in the Fisher net but having both appeared to have given the goal, a long conversation between the assistant and referee ended with an offside flag being raised.  A couple of minute slate however they were rewarded with a fine strike from distance from Andrea Carrera.
It was Fisher who rounded off the scoring however after a series of shots rained in on the Bermondsey goal which somehow Radford and Hall managed to block before the ball ended up at the feet of Nader Zeddini to fire home shortly before the final whistle.
Fisher therefore advance into the draw for the third round and will be encouraged but he performance of the debutants and their attacking play as they look to climb the table with a long awaited run of league games starting on Saturday at home to K Sports.

Keep up-to-date with all Fisher FC activities:

Leave a Reply