Club News

Match Report: Fisher 1-3 Lydd Town

Fisher 1-3 Lydd Town
Saturday 24 February
SCEFL Premier Division

Match Sponsors: Available
Matchball Sponsors: Millwall Community Trust –

Attn: 189
Scorer: Flavio Jumo (11 min)

Despite taking an early lead, through Flavio Jumo, Fisher fell to a 3-1 defeat at home to Lydd Town leaving them still looking for their first home win of the year.
From the outset Fisher struggled to contain Lydd’s two quick wingers, with the visitors looking for quick ball over the top into their path. However it was Fisher’s pleasing on the eye style that was to make the first breakthrough as Tyron Mbuenimo slipped the ball to sixteen year old Samuel Sene-Richardson and his precision through ball split the visiting centre backs allowing Flavio  Jumo to race through and neatly send his right-footed shot past the keeper as he sought to close the winger down.
Fisher looked to make the most of their advantage and for the next ten minutes looked as if they might double their lead as first Jumo picked up a loose pass to feed Thomas Ngegba, but his shot lacked power. Callum Flynn then suffered the same fate inf front of goal, when joining an attack after Chidi had released the dangerous Jumo down the left. Between these chances though the visitors should have levelled when Dean Grant found space at the end of a cross after a lightning break down the right, but his flicked effort came back out off the far inside post.
Ten minutes from the break, Fisher had their best chance yet of a second goal as Flynn again joined the attack to push a through ball into the path of Sene-Richardson, but the keeper did well to block his first effort and then the youngster couldn’t squeeze in the rebound from a tight angle, hitting the outside of the near post.
It was a miss Fisher would rue as three minutes later Lydd drew level. Having initially looked to have cleared a free kick into the box the ball was recycled and the defensive marking went awry allowing James Rogers a free header from the penalty spot which he guided into the bottom right hand corner of the goal.  Lydd had their tails up and Dolan smashed a shot just over as a poorly place clearance gave him a sight of goal and a minute before the break they took the lead with Troy Howard racing onto a ling punt up field and skilfully nodded past the two defenders in front of him blasted the ball emphatically past Otuyo.
A breathless first half ended with Darnelle Bailey King almost creating a chance out of nothing, just getting to a ball ahead of the keeper, but a covering defender did enough to clear his header over the keeper and the resulting free kick when Sene-Richardson was fouled picking up the clearance, was fired over.
Fisher started the second half well with Sene-Richardson firing in a shot from range that was easily held by the keeper and then was grateful that Ngegba’s hooked effort lacked height and gently fell into his chest when coming for but not getting to Adewunmi’s ball forward.
Fisher’s endeavour to get back on level terms was to little avail though and on seventy minutes Lydd gave themselves a two gal cushion as Dean Grant’s good movement saw him slipped in down the right channel, with an errant defender playing him onside as the other three member of the back line held up the arms in vain for flag, and the veteran striker finished neatly lifting the ball over Otuyo. Otuyo then saved well to deny Grant a second form a similar move and blocked a shot fired in from a half cleared corner as Lydd took control of the game and Fisher struggle dot build any possession or mount any pressure in the Lydd half.
Fisher threw caution to win and threw on substitutes, including debutant teenager Joshua Brown, to give them a four man attack, but the balls into the box were easily dealt with when perhaps a little more composed build up play to open up gaps was needed. Prince Imoru went close with a low shot form the edge of the box and Bailey-King’s flicked effort bobbled wide of the post but overturning two goal deficit always seemed to bigger task and the final whistle signalled a defeat for the Fish.

Keep up-to-date with all Fisher FC activities: