To finish off our Fish In The Community month we will be having our annual Fisher Community Day on Saturday 30th October – our home game with Deal Town. If you are new to the Fish or want an excuse to bring friends and family down to St Paul’s for the first time to experience the magic of a Fisher home game this is the perfect day to do it. Lots of local groups will be in attendance talking about the great work they do in the community (if you want to get involved or are just curious to find out what going on in your area) as well as competitons to win some excellent Millwall merchandise, our fan food collection and a great afternoon of football to boot.
Check our community twitter feed for all updates: https://twitter.com/Community_FFC/
Fisher Community Day includes:
Ever wanted to volunteer in the local community? Speak to the team from Time and Talents at Saturday’s game to find out what programmes they offer that would best suit you. T&T is an incredible group who provide ways for people to connect and share their time and talents, including a wide range of volunteering opportunities, skills-sharing, and opportunities to socialise. “We want to connect neighbours close and far, to reduce isolation and build a supportive, resilient community”.
Meet the team behind the a Lions Food Hub and hear of the the great work they are doing for the local community, and if you can please bring a food package down it’ll be greatly appreciated
- Meet the guys behind the The Proper Blokes Club. Scott has been doing a great job in breaking the stigma behind mens mental health by getting men walking and talking, if you or any you know would benefit from Scott’s help please speak with him on Saturday
- Raffle to win a Millwall football (signed by all the Millwall players) along with other excellent prizes
- Announce the winner of our silent aution to win a Millwall shirt (signed by all the Millwall players). If you still want to bid for the shirt simply email: email@example.com with your highest and lowest offer – auction closes on 29th October so make sure you bids are in by then
- First 50 people through the gates recieve a FREE chilled pie courtesy of South London favourite pie and mash makers M. Manze
- Fan Food collection – please donate any unwanted food for Lions Food Hub – helping feed the local community in need. Just bring tinned or dried food or toiletries to St Paul’s and leave it with us at the turnstiles.
- Find out about our Sponsored Community Walk to Glebe (for our our away game) on November 6th – if you want to sponsor the walk or participate you are welcome to do both.
Fisher v Deal Town
Saturday 30 October 2021
SCEFL Premier Divison
under 16s FREE
*Cash and cards accepted on the gates
Fisher Football Club
St Paul’s Sports Ground
London SE16 5EF
Sat Nav friendly postcode: SE16 6NT
Gates open 1.30pm
Fisherman’s Rest serving hot drinks and snacks and a selection of beers from local Bermondsey brewery Anspach & Hobday
Club Shop selling hats, scarves, mugs badges and other Fisher merchandise
Vitalfoodz will be providing hot food, burgers, chips and salad (100% vegan street food with a carribean twist)
Map and directions
Nearest train station: Rotherhithe (on the London Overground).
- Turn left out of the station and the stadium is roughly 10 minutes walk directly along Salter Rd.
Nearest tube station: Canada Water (on the Jubilee Line).
Out of the station (bus station exit) you can either:
- Turn right on Surrey Quays Rd, then right onto Lower Rd – passing the blue plaque building of Michael Caine’s birthplace! When you get to the Rotherhithe Tunnel roundabout take a right onto Brunel Rd which leads into Salter Rd past Rotherhithe station, walk along til you reach the ground (on the left).
- Turn left on Surrey Quays Rd, then left again onto Redriff Rd which leads into Salter Rd, carry on walking til you reach the ground (on the right).
Both options take around 20 minutes to walk.
There are two buses that take you to St Paul’s (you can catch them both from Canada Water bus station):
- C10 (single decker)
both drop you off by the ground in either direction (see route map below)
Bus routes map:
Nelson Dock Pier is 15 minutes walk away, served by River Bus 4 from Canary Wharf.