Club News

MATCH REPORT: Glebe 3-0 Fisher

Glebe 3-0 Fisher
Saturday 6 Novemberber 2021
SCEFL Premier Divison

Attn: 73

Match Report and picture courtesy of  the Non-League Chronicles. Give their facebook page a like:

The efforts of the Proper Blokes Cub and a band of suorters on the sponsored walk from St Pauls to Glebe was the only charity on show at Foxbury Avenue as Glebe gave Fisher a lesson in every single department in this SCEFL Premier Division fixture..

Glebe only took two minutes to open the scoring when Aaron Watson’s deflected shot in the box crept in after he had turned Luke Thomas on the right of the penalty area to create the space to shoot. With Glebe opening sharply Fisher were chasing shadows for the opening ten minutes. The one bright spark from the Fisher point of view was the great battle down the left between Courtney Swaby and the hosts right back Olorunnisomo and it was Swaby who sent in Fishers first cross of the game. The winger beat his man before getting the ball out of his feet and hitting a deep cross towards that just evaded Malaki Coker, coming in from the opposite wing.
As Fisher finally got into the game Glebe almost got caught out at the back when Swaby broke away down the left. As Swaby cut in from the left but a superbly timed tackle from Morath-Gibb stopped him in his tracks and severla promising dead ball situations were wasted buy ten Fish, whcih was to be a theme throughout the afternoon.
Luke Thomas had to be on his toes to hook the ball away for a corner as Glebe carved out another opening with Wilson pulling the strings and King-Elliot and Chin eager runners on either flank.  After a corner for Glebe was only cleared as far as King-Elliot he slipped in the hosts danger man Philpott and the prolific striker turned on the edge of the box and fired in a low shot but Carpanini saved well low to his left.
Philpot’s presence was cuasing alarm in the FSiher back line nad havng tnred Fitzgerald a tug his shirt earned the Fisher centre back a yellow card. Fishers failure to tackle Philpot in led to Glebes second goal as he ustled through several half challenges before a fine angled through ball found Chin who dinked a delightful chip over the grasping slide of Carpanini.
Fisher got an huge opportunity to get back into the game when Luke Thomas worked the ball into the channel between the left back and centre half. Malaki Coker got there just before keeper George Kamurasi who took out Fisher winger leaving the referee with little choice than to dismiss the custodian. With no keper on the bench the diminutive Sam Johnson put the keepers jersey and gloves on but was to be untroubled when Oladejo smashed the free kick low into the Glebe wall when a flighted cross would appeared to have been the better option to test out the novice keeper.
The half ended with both Isaac Thompson and MIchael Sarpong beeing booked in their attempts to  stop Chin starting a Glebe breakaway, with the referee having played advantge from Thompsns first attempt.
If Fisher were going to get anything from the game they needed an early goal in the second half. and and early chance fell to Thompson who found himself 20 yards from goal, but his shot was wild and went well over.
Glebe were not offering as much as an attacking force in the second spell as they looked happy to sit deep and control the game, although a  quickly taken free kick by King-Elliot went close passing just over the bar.
Although Fisher did start the half well they quickly ran out of ideas and for the most part there were far to many overhit passes. And at no point did Fisher ever look like making the extra man tell, let alone troubling the stand in keeper. Christian Udo came on up front replacing Soganile and Malaki Coker’s last involvement was to pick up a booking before being replaced by Seaman down the right.
The chancges added some life and Fisher got some joy winning a couple of corners, but once again the failure to beat the first man from the set piece increased the frustration for all. Fitzgerald made way for Igbeneweka to avoid the centre back picking up afurther yellow card.
A cross field pass from right to left almost got Swaby in at the far post but more good defending from Olorunnisomo put the ball out for a corner, which again didn’t come to anything. Fisher best chance came when Swaby played the ball into Weemes feet. Weemes rolled Morath-Gibb and pulled his shot wide on Johnson’s right hand post but the forwards frustration got the better of him moments later when he couldn’t get on the end of a through ball. Johnson raced from his goal to collect the ball on the edge of his box. Weemes flattened Johnson and earned himself a booking for his trouble after a melle of several players ensued.A late flurry saw Udo win a far post header after Swaby delivered to the back post but the onyl time the stand in keeper looked uncertain and out of position  his defenders quickly mopped up the danger.
With five minutes to go Isaac Thompson picked up a second yellow card and saw the sides reduced to ten a piece. This engorugaed the hosts to end the game nthe front foot and to complete a miserable day in the cold for Fsiher and thie 32 fans the travelled, a pass across the back four was picked off by King-Elliot who droves into the box and buried the ball to Carpanini’s left to make it three nil.

Keep up-to-date with all Fisher FC activities: