Club News

Match Report: K Sports 2-3 Fisher

K Sports 2-3 Fisher
Saturday 13 November 2021
SCEFL Premier Divison

Scorers: Udo 9 mins, 45 mins, Adewunmi 44 mins
Attn: 74

Fisher travelled to Aylesford to take on a young K Sports side who despite putting a new side together this season sat a few places higher in the table after a solid start to their season and featured former Fish Tariq Ibrahim in their starting eleven.
Manger Ajay Ashanike was keen to put to bed the disappointing performance last time out at Glebe and recalled Christian Udo to the starting line-up. There were also places for Joseph Adewunmi and Jacob Katonia to replace the suspended Sam Fitzgerald and Isaac Thompson.
Fired up by Ashanike, Fisher started the game on the front foot with Courtney Swaby influential playing just behind striker Udo rather than out wide. ON nine minutes Fisher took the lead as Morgan Seaman threaded a through ball past the K Sports back line which saw Christian Udo burst through and convert off the far post
Udo looked a threat throughout and his bustling centre forward play was never managed by the hosts back four. He almost claimed a second when Walker fumbled Luke Thomas cross but recovered to keep out Udo’s shot.
A rare slip by Aaron Glasgow almost gifted K Sports and equaliser as his cross field pass was cut out but his electric pace saw him pull off a fine recovery tackle as Bignell looked to surge into the box.
A five minute spell before half time saw Fisher rampant, as first Courtney Swaby’s delightful delivery from a corner was emphatically headed home by Joseph Adewunmi who had outjumped the entire K Sports defence, to double the lead. Two minutes later Morgan Seaman jinked through the K Sports defence and saw his deflected inches wide for a corner with the keeper stranded. This led to a succession of corners as Fisher turned the screw and with K Sports unable to clear Temi Oladejo on the right hand side crossed low for Udo to control, turn and shot powerfully low into the goal. In a long first half there was still time for Udo to almost claimed a hat-trick as another delivery into the box form a free kick found him free on the right but his shot lifted just over the bar
At three nil up the second half should have seen Fisher comfortably play the game out – however the hosts had other ideas and immediately went on the front foot forcing a series of corners, but Fisher coped with these well. Malaki Coker replaced Jacob Katonia to add a little power to midfield
Fisher should have wrapped the game up as some quick footwork form Swaby slipped in Udo but Walker saved well to beta away the powerful shot. The failure to add a fourth was compounded when seconds later the hosts pulled one back as ex-Fish Ibrahim turned Michael Sarpong inside the box and shot wide of Carpanini to slot the ball in off the far post. Ibrahim almost scored again minutes later as his long distance effort shot slammed the post.
With the momentum of the game now with the hosts Fisher took off Seaman to be replaced by Patrick Hoy. A slick passing move saw a tantalising cross sent over that Udo could not quite keep down but again the near miss that would have sealed the points was punished as with just under 15 minutes to go K Sports pulled back to 3-2 with a looping far post header stranding Carpanini.
Fisher rallied with Coker’s long range effort tipped away and Harry Main’s long distance half volleyed lob just wide of the post with the keeper nowhere.
A very nervy last ten minutes then ensued. Weemes replaced a tiring Udo to help hold the ball up  and relieve the pressure but it still took a fine Carpanini made a great save at the death, blocking a low shot that travelled through a mass of bodies, to seal the points.

Keep up-to-date with all Fisher FC activities: